Sivananda Sarma Memorial Rashtreeya Vidyalaya
SSMRV a pioneering, co-educational academic institution in undergraduate & postgraduate studies is committed to pursuing quality education.
Housed on a sprawling campus of 3-acres land in the prime location of the gardern city,Bangalore ,
the college was established in 1982 in the memory of Late Sri Sivananda Sarma,Founder Secretary,RSST
Growth of SSMRV
- SSMRV College was started as a P.U Commerce College for boys in 1982 headed by the Founder Principal Prof.S.P.Iyengar, retired Professor of Commerce from St.Joseph’s college of Commerce.
- In 1983 the science stream was added.
- Converted into a First Grade College for boys in 1984 with Commerce & Science stream.
- The college shifted its precincts to 1st Phase J.P Nagar as the strength increased (where D A Pandu R V Dental College is presently housed) in 1986.
- In 1992 the college was converted into a co-educational institution.
- The Business Management (BBA)course was started in the year 1995-96.
- The Computer Application (BCA)course was started in the year 2000-01.
- In the year 2003 ,the college finally shifted to the newly built campus at 4th ‘T" Block, Jayanagar.
- In the year 2013, the PG course MCom was added.
The College which was started with PUC course gradually included UG courses and now it is running with UG courses in Commerce,Management and Computer Applications & PG course in Commerce.
The unique strength of our College is to give quality education to our students for their wholesome development.
Major highlights of our college includes:
- Excellent infrastructure with
- » Airy and sunlit classrooms.
- » Well-equipped Computer labs.
- » A well stacked ,state-of-art library with number of books ,journals, magazines and newspapers
- » AV room
- » State of art auditorium
- » Large quadrangle & playground
- » Meditation Hall
- » Sports room
- » Business & Communication Lab
- Skill development programs like workshops,seminars,Guest Lectures and PDPs
- Additional Career Oriented Courses for BCom, BBA, & BCA.
- Technology supported teaching methodology.
- A team of well experienced & qualified Faculty.
- NCC,NSS & Sports.
- Clubs & Associations like Rotaract Club,Health Club,Red Cross and Eco clubs etc.
- Women Empowerment Cell ,Student counseling Cell & Placement Cell.
- Nurturing of cultural talents through Rangantharanga (Theatre Club), Performing & Visual Arts and Shivananda Lasya Lahari(Dance &Music)
- Various committees to assist the administration of the Principal.
- Rewarding meritorious students and teachers for their efforts in academic and extra-curricular activities.
- In keeping with its motto “Education For Wholeness” ,the college effortlessly works towards shaping its students to be globally competent and a balanced personality.