Department of Computer Application - B.C.A
The Department of Computer Applications stands itself with the motive of making its students reach their professional potential with its varied set of training and mentoring practices. The program of BCA was started in the year 2000, an era of Information Technology. It is affiliated to Bangalore University.
We encourage the students through improved teaching methodologies and activity based learning for complete professional development of students. The foundation of department is based on highly disciplinary and quality oriented environment. With the experienced and talented faculty members and varied set of students the department has been successful in training and producing good number of placements in a number of different MNCs.
Our teaching pedagogy involves task based and activity based teaching imbibing animations & creative features through the use of projectors. This also includes
- Application of 5D model developed by the college for holistic development
- Regular Practical Sessions
- Student seminars
- Peer Teaching
- Interaction with Computer Experts
- Development of projects
- Assignments & Unit wise tests
- Add-on courses like certificate course and technical training from corporate trainers
Understanding the need of IT industry, the department is involved in conducting various activities that improves the student skill set. Some of the activities are:
- Hands-on workshops
- PDP for all the semesters
- Subject oriented and Current trends related Guest lectures.
- Industrial visits
- Industry oriented Certification Courses such as web application development, DTP for all semesters