Department of Commerce - B.Com
Bachelor Of Commerce is an under graduate 3 years full time course spanned over six semesters affiliated to Bangalore University. Each semester is of four months duration. The Bachelor of Commerce degree is designed to provide students with a wide range of managerial skills, while building competence in a particular area of business . The degree is designed such that students are exposed to general business principles, taking courses in accounting, finance, business management, human resources, marketing, and economics; some programs also require (business) statistics, introductory calculus and information systems.
Successful completion of PUC-II Science, Arts or Commerce
Pass in Senior Secondary School course (Plus two)
- Can take up professional courses like CA, ICWA, CS etc.
- Can pursue PG in M.Com, MBA, MIB, MTA, MFA
- Can take up competitive exams like Banking Probationary Officers exam, Civil Service Exams etc.
- Job Profiles-B.Com graduate can work as a Accountant, Auditor, Consultant, Company Secretary, Business Analyst, Finance Officer, Sales Analyst, Junior Analyst, Tax Accountant, Stock Broker, Economist, Business Development Trainee
- Job Areas-Job Areas For B.Com Graduates are: Business Consultancies, Educational Institutes, Industrial Houses, Public Accounting Firms, Policy Planning, Foreign Trade, Banks, Budget Planning, Inventory Control, Merchant Banking, Marketing, Working Capital Management, Treasury and Forex Department, Investment Banking